Somewhere along the way, the idea of the huzband running 50 marathons by the time he turned 50 years old emerged. [You can read more about that conversation here.] It was thought to be unrealistic until recently. [I’m telling you, go read what I told you to read and you will be all caught up.] It was also discovered recently that these 50 marathons would actually hold more than just marathons but several ultra distances as well [ultra is anything over the 26.2 miles of a marathon.] Needless to say, before we get too old and can’t remember what the first several marathons towards this 50 are, let’s start a running list.
Who knows, at the moment, he has nine years to run 41 marathons or more. [Thanks to Comrades, he will be running 10 before he turns 42.]
- New York City Marathon, 2010
- New York City Marathon, 2011 [read about it]
- Rwanda Marathon, 2012 [read about it]
- Dallas Marathon, 2012[read about it]* he ran this one with me *
- Ironman Lake Placid, 2013 [read about it]
- Lonely Man Marathon, 2015
- Chicago Marathon, 2016
- Alaskaman Extreme Triathlon, 2018 [read about it]
- Fairbanks Marathon, 2018
* the following were completed during training for Comrades Ultra Marathon.
10. Comrades Training: 29 Feb. 2019, 26.2 miles, Dead Sea, Israel
11. Comrades Training: 23 March 2019, 31 miles, path to Willow, AK.
12. Comrades Training: 31 March 2019, 26.2 miles, treadmill in the garage, AK.
13. Comrades Training: 14 April 2019, 26.2 miles, treadmill in the garage, AK.
14. Comrades Training: 21 April 2019, 26.2 miles, he doesn’t remember where it happened, AK.
15. Comrades Training: 26 April 2019, 26.2 miles, treadmill in the garage, AK.
16. Comrades Training: 27 April 2019, 26.2 miles, path to Willow, AK.
17. Comrades Training: 3 May 2019, 31 miles, path to Willow, AK.
18. Comrades Training: 4 May 2019, 26.2 miles, path to Church Rd and treadmill in the garage, AK.
19. Comrades Ultra Marathon, 2019 [read about it here].