We are just a few weeks away from Velda’s 3rd birthday. To be exact, 3 weeks away. 22 days. 9,547 minutes. Okay, I didn’t really count the minutes. I made that number up.
The terrible two’s haven’t been so terrible. We went through a few different phases the past year but I survived the year without pulling my hair out. However, we still have 3 weeks and if they go anything like this week, Velda is making sure she ends 2 with a BANG!
This is some of what this week held for us:
– she chewed up almost a pack of gum (I found the wad of gum in the sink later during the day)
– colored her foot RED with a permanent marker
(I don’t mean a bit of scribble here and there. I mean the whole top of her foot was red, blood-red.
All she declared was that her toenails were now painted like mom’s.)
– she locked me out of the apartment, twice
– colored her behind brown, yes her behind, yes she chose brown
– colored the palm of her hand black (these coloring bits were not on the same day
and yes it took me 3 times before banishing markers from this household ever again)
– tore open about 30 pieces of addressed and stamped mail waiting to go out (this girl loves her mail)
– took Juan’s hair cutting case (he has one, though no need for it) and proceeded to begin cutting her own hair
(Thankfully she did quite a good job, she just made some bangs for herself.
Her excuse? She was tired of pushing her hair away from her face. Go figure.)
– drank some antibacterial hand sanitizer
– I found her swinging off the refrigerator’s door handle like jane from the jungle
What a week!! And to think at one time she was just a little bundle in my arms.
We have all survived year 2. (I hope I am not prematurely saying this, ha ha.) We look ahead to what year 3 will hold for all three of us; four if you include the cat (an essential part of Velda’s day). Though she is FULLY testing us, stretching the limits and forging head into trouble, when I look at her precious face, how can I be anything but thankful that she is healthy, happy and able to drive me up the wall!!