We are just a few weeks away from Velda’s 3rd birthday. To be exact, 3 weeks away. 22 days. 9,547 minutes. Okay, I didn’t really count the minutes. I made that number up.
The terrible two’s haven’t been so terrible. We went through a few different phases the past year but I survived the year without pulling my hair out. However, we still have 3 weeks and if they go anything like this week, Velda is making sure she ends 2 with a BANG!
This is some of what this week held for us:
– she chewed up almost a pack of gum (I found the wad of gum in the sink later during the day)
– colored her foot RED with a permanent marker
(I don’t mean a bit of scribble here and there. I mean the whole top of her foot was red, blood-red.
All she declared was that her toenails were now painted like mom’s.)
– she locked me out of the apartment, twice
– colored her behind brown, yes her behind, yes she chose brown
– colored the palm of her hand black (these coloring bits were not on the same day
and yes it took me 3 times before banishing markers from this household ever again)
– tore open about 30 pieces of addressed and stamped mail waiting to go out (this girl loves her mail)
– took Juan’s hair cutting case (he has one, though no need for it) and proceeded to begin cutting her own hair
(Thankfully she did quite a good job, she just made some bangs for herself.
Her excuse? She was tired of pushing her hair away from her face. Go figure.)
– drank some antibacterial hand sanitizer
– I found her swinging off the refrigerator’s door handle like jane from the jungle
What a week!! And to think at one time she was just a little bundle in my arms.
We have all survived year 2. (I hope I am not prematurely saying this, ha ha.) We look ahead to what year 3 will hold for all three of us; four if you include the cat (an essential part of Velda’s day). Though she is FULLY testing us, stretching the limits and forging head into trouble, when I look at her precious face, how can I be anything but thankful that she is healthy, happy and able to drive me up the wall!!
One thought on “the end of 2”
She is so adorable. Looks like she may grow up to be an artist!